Sunday, August 23, 2009

I Say...

In Matthew 16:13-28, Jesus asks Simon Peter a very important question. "What about you?" he says, "Who do you say I am?" That prompted me to wonder...who do I say Jesus is?

He is my Savior, my one and only way to the Father through his sovereign grace and blood shed on the cross. (John 14:6) Who do I say he is? He is compassion. (Psalm 103:8) He is mercy. He is peace. (Isaiah 26:3) I declare Him to be love. True love. (1 John 4:10) "For greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)
He is all I'll ever need (2nd Peter 1:3) and all I ever want. He is the author and perfector of my faith. (Herews 12:2) He is my great High Priest. (Hebrews 4:14) He is my Lord. (Psalm 118:6) He is my life (Deuteronomy 30:20)...the air I breathe and the water I thirst for. (Psalm 63:1) He is my strength (Isaiah 40:29-31) and my portion. (Lamentations 3:24) He is the vine to which I cline to. (John 15:5) He is the hope to which I take hold of. (Hebrews 6:19-20) He is my shield (Psalm 18:30) and my joy. (Romans 15:13) He is my hiding place. (Psalm 32:7) He is my song (Psalm 118:14) and my shepherd. (Psalm 23:1) He is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. (Psalm 18:2)

...Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure because He will not abadnon me to the grave nor will He let His Holy One see decay. He has made known to me the path of life and He will fill me with joy in His presence, with eternal pleasures at His right hand. (Psalm 16:9-11)

What about you, who do you say He is?
Ellie V.

No comments:

Post a Comment